Swails Wedding | Pittsburgh Wedding Photographer
Shannon & Josh's Spring wedding was gorgeous, and I'm so insanely happy that this wedding kicked off my 2021 wedding season!
A fellow photographer friend recommended me to Shannon and I mean. Recommendations of any kind for my small business are always SO appreciated, but when another photographer recommends you it's just extra special.
Shannon e-mailed and we started chatting over the phone about her plans for her day! One thing that immediately stood out to me was how important family is to both Shannon and Josh. When we talked photos, we spent a decent amount of that time talking about their nieces and nephews.
Shannon and Josh met at Highmark in Pittsburgh, so when we started talking engagement photos Shannon wanted photos around the city, including some with the Highmark building in the background. I love when brides focus on the small things and really add to their photos with things that mean something to the couple!
Some of my favorite parts about this wedding day were:
- This wedding ceremony was beautiful! It was at Shannon's family church where she was baptized, so it held special meaning. And the church building itself was beautiful with such intricate work. Their ceremony was also a first for me as it was a Byzantine Catholic ceremony with some unique moments, one being beautiful crowns being placed on the couple.
- Their family. You could feel the love here! Not only were they all wonderful to work with, Shannon and Josh have a beautiful family!
- The Greendance Winery was gorgeous to shoot around, so many amazing places for photos!
- The photo booth and DJ were both exceptional! The guests had so much fun grabbing fun photos. As did I with my awesome second shooter after we had everything we needed! haba!
- I sampled the cake- I NEVER have wedding cake but I heard so many people raqve about how amazing their cake was and I was not disappointed!
Shannon and Josh- I wish you both the absolute happiest future together, God Bless you both and your family!
Gown: Bridal Beginning
Hair & Makeup: Salon Boutique
Reception: Greendance Winery (Mt. Pleasant, PA)
Cake: Bethel Bakery